Worship With Us
Our traditional service has hymns sung from the Chalice Hymnal, a chancel choir, organ, piano and keyboard, communion and an uplifting sermon. We would be thrilled if you would join our church family this Sunday!
What Do We Believe?
Disciples of Christ
As members of the Christian Church,
We confess that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of the living God,
and proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world.
The Lord’s Supper or Communion is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who are followers of Jesus Christ. The practice of Holy Communion has become the central element of worship within the Disciples tradition.
Disciples’ observance of the Lord’s Supper echoes the Passover feast, when Jesus shared bread and wine with his disciples on the eve of his crucifixion. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, the living Christ is met and received in the sharing of the bread and the cup, representative of the body and blood of Jesus. The presence of the living Lord is affirmed and he is proclaimed to be the dominant power in our lives.
We invite children in 5th grade and older to participate in a Pastor’s Class, accept Christ and be baptized each spring. For adult visitors we have time to sit down with the pastor and understand what it means to confess faith in Christ and be baptized. We do not require re-baptism for anyone seeking to join the church, all forms of baptism are accepted.
Each Sunday after the sermon, the pastor offers an invitation to accept Christ or to place your membership with the church. Transferring your membership to our church family simply means reaffirming your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. If you desire to join by confession and baptism, it is best to speak with a pastor first to make arrangements.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word.
- We believe in God and God’s Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the importance of all members, and elect men, women, and youth to positions of leadership in the church.
- We believe in working with other churches and faiths in the community.
- We believe in sharing the Lord’s Supper each time we come together in worship.
- We believe in Baptism by immersion for those mature enough to confess their faith in Christ, but we also accept other forms of baptism and receive people from other traditions without re-baptism.
- We believe in putting our faith into action, and that each Christian is called to participate in the church to help their faith mature, while living it out in their life.